Translate

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Ready for Autumn.....

Aah, holidays over now and I can safely say I am more than ready for autumn. I'm one of those mad people who love winter. Not the cold, you should see our heating bills, but rather dark nights, and days too up here in the north! I love nothing more than early baths, cosy pj's with a big chunky cardie over top, comfort food and lighting candles in the early evening. 
I'm seriously in love with one of the new scarves we've just got in for the shop. Geo print and a neon pop = love for me. I'm picturing myself walking the dog in the park, rusty coloured leaves falling and me being all warm wrapped up in this scarf!

I know it won't be long till I'm taking up cook books to bed early, dreaming of all the gorgeous stews and casseroles with dumplings I'll be making. And yes, I've finally come to terms with the fact that I'll never be a size 8 again and cold weather is the reason why! It just screams out for big steaming bowls of food with thick slices of crusty bread and real sea salted butter doesn't it?
I can't wait to get in all the Christmasy scented candles..... think it'll definitely be a case of me burning them as fast as I sell them. I tend to get slightly addicted. 

But as some people are still in a summer mood, trying to hold onto those last few rays of sunshine I'll leave you with some shots of our beautiful holiday in Ibiza. As much as I love the darker months in England there's something to be said for foreign sun, it's so much nicer than ours.





Whats your favorite time of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment